Thursday, February 28, 2013

One Week

Zelner's first week was full of meeting family, and us getting little to no sleep.

Zelner was born at night on Wednesday the 13th, and so we were able to enjoy that first night alone and figuring things out.

I forgot to include a picture of Nurse Nicole, she was the nurse that caught Zelner.



First Zelner got to meet Brody's mom.

Meeting Nonnie.

Then Brody's sister and family.

Meeting cousin Cora.

Meeting Aunt Lilli.

Meeting Uncle Greg.

And then my family arrived.

Meeting my Dad, Grandpa

Meeting Aunt Alice.

Meeting Uncle Benjamin.

Meeting Aunt Tiffany.

After the loss of my mom, very early in the pregnancy, I wanted to have something at the birth for the baby to have as a talking point/something to know his Grandmother by. I knitted this little elephant for that purpose.




Zenler's first week was eventful, with family visiting, and teaching us in his crash course on how to raise him. He did get to have a little bit of fun.



At his one week appointment, he was on track for gaining his birth weight back and we were told we no longer need to wake him for feedings!

Milestones:
Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz
Lost my umbilical cord
Sleeping for 3 hour stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment