Friday, November 15, 2013

A Love Letter

Dear Zelner,

I really should be cleaning the kitchen or doing laundry, but I thought I would just take a moment to write you a little letter.

I am not the best mom at getting the dates written down of when you first smiled or laughed. Some days, I just want to be away from you.

Today, right now, I can not get enough of you!

Your smile and laugh, I want to hear all day long.

That little mischievous laugh you get when you figure something out, melts me. 

This morning, you woke up grumpy. Maybe it is because you are getting another tooth, maybe you just didn't get enough sleep.

Today, we took a shower together and you loved it. You loved playing in the water and trying to catch the water falling from the shower head. Watching your face as you are trying to understand what is going on, made me stop to think, what were you thinking.

We also made a trip down to Costco, in Clarkston. You fell asleep on the way down, and I kind of hoped maybe you would sleep as I shopped. But, a rude lady, had to loudly exclaim, as I pulled your sleeping body out of the car.

Your were happy, and it was alright. I put you in the Tula and off we went. I changed your diaper and I put you on my back to make shopping easier. I think we startled a few elderly as I was talking to you. Then we loaded up and headed home.

You were so cute in your car seat playing with a toy. You decided you were done and thew it. Then you started to play Peek-a-Boo by yourself with your blanket. It was so precious! I wish I could recorded you.

You are such a happy baby. Right now, you are wrapped up in our Kokadi Firescales wrap on my back so I could put the groceries away and unload and load the dishwasher. You quickly settled in and fell asleep. No fussing, no screaming, just snuggled in and sleep.

Zelner, I love you. I have loved you since before you were born. I am so grateful for the love you show and teach me. I don't think I truly felt a love this strong for anyone in my life. The love for you and your father, grows everyday. That moment when you hear him walk through the door and you smile and bounce. That smile, emanates  peace and love, pure perfect love.

I can not imagine life without. You are healing a very broken heart, every day, and for that I want to be there for you.

Always.

Love,
Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment