Thursday, December 16, 2010

Paying it Forward

In light of my last post I decided this one should start out with a story about the good in the world!
Today, I went to print and bind a final report for one of my classes (the report was actually due a week ago, I just have not had time to go to the campus printers...) I had to print this 24 page color document and get it bound. The guy at the shop let me look though it before it was bound, and good thing!! Some how during save the word document as a PDF document it messed up the table of contents for the appendix. The guy let me fix it on the shop computer, and then after printing out the wrong page twice, only charged me for the 4 pages with color on then and the rest as black and whites, and NOT for the wrong pages!!! The guy was so nice, I had left my thumb drive there too on accident and he run me down in the CUB to return it! I am so glad he did because my senior thesis is on there along with all my research!!!

A while ago I heard about paying it forward, and thought it was a weird saying that did no make much since. More recently, I have been thinking of ways to help those around me. I started a business selling jewelry and have meet some absolutely wonderful people. This group of women that I have joined are the most caring and selfless people I have ever met. Most of them are way older than me, and I sometimes feel like a the teenage daughter a mom brought to girls night out. One of the women I have become close to, is trying to adopt, and another women, who has recently adopted, started an organization, to help this first woman and others trying to adopt. What kind of people, just start organizations to help one family and others because they found so much joy in adopting?! These women are so amazing! I do not feel like I am giving them the proper dues here.

I do not have a lot of means right now in my life, and monetarily helping someone is out of the question, but I have decided that we should donate the random food he get to try and never do, or volunteer  at the food bank, help someone when their car gets stuck in the mud/snow. These little acts of kindness those are the ways Brody and I can help those in need around us. How can you Pay it Forward and help some one around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment