Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Numb

Sunday, July 15, we woke up late (which is actually normal for us on Sundays). Both of our phones had been ringing, but we just figured it was someone from church needing something. When I finally got up to check my phone, I had 3 missed calls from my dad, and Brody had missed calls from my mom.

I called my dad back, as I had just missed his last call. I was concerned, but didn't think much of it. When my dad answered the phone, I knew instantly, something was very wrong.

My mother, at the age of 57 died suddenly of a heart dysrhythmias and complications of hypertension and diabetes.

We left Tuesday evening, to go to Olympia, to help organize and to be with family. The funeral was Monday.

We are both still numb from the shock. There are so many things changing in our lives right now, that we just want some time to process.

We would also like to thank all of our friends who have offered to help in anyway, and to say that just knowing so many of you care is helping in more ways than you know.



4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Ashley! That is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I'm so sorry. If you need anything, I'm here! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always here for you, girl ... even when I'm not "there."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my sweet friend. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete