Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One year later...

I told y'all I would write about cats and bags, and I promise this is, so just hang in there!

I was looking through my posts, and wanted to know which post had the most views...

It was one about a year ago about my brother knocking up his wife while living with my parents... Still peeved about the situation, as they are still living with my dad... But the baby is kind of cute, and I think I know more about a taking care of a baby. (Well I do get paid to take care of two toddlers, and a few people at church call be the "baby whisperer"...)

It has 54 views.

But which post has the most comments...

It was one about me wanting to leave the ward, with 5... Honestly, some days I still want too. We have been in the ward for over 3 years now. We have seen lots of people come and go, leadership change, and have heard about more babies being birthed than I care to count. Some couples in those three years have had 2! (or are expecting!!)

Which leads to an understanding of why being told we were being classified as "unexplained infertility", is a hard thing to understand. Especially when the statistics are 2 to 10 couples are part of the special club. Another great bonus to being in the club, even if you do get pregnant, you get to have more tests done and some your insurance won't pay for...

But that isn't something we have to worry about, or is it...

Nope. We are lucky, at least so far. At 11 1/2 weeks, doctor gave us the a-OKAY to start gabbing away. Which now that I am allowed to start telling people, I don't really want to do that. It is like a little secret that I want to keep all to myself. That, and I am scared out of my MIND that something horrible will go wrong.

It is hard being pregnant, the first daughter to be pregnant, and having lost your mom. I was never able to ask her anything about being pregnant, and don't know what to expect. They tell you that can expect your pregnancy and labor to be like your mothers... Here is what I know, 5 kids after 30; 2 to 3 years apart. 4 natural labors, one induced with c-section.  I think labor and delivery should be fine, but I have 7 to 8 months of baby growing time I know nothing about...

Well, I guess it is a good thing, I know a thing or two about babies, and we didn't leave the baby factory ward...

And as Brody put it, "Let's let this cat out of the bag!"







8 comments:

  1. Woot woot!! Sooo excited for you, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo!!! I am SO excited for you Ashley!! Heavenly Father really does have his own timing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You will have all the support you need. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I get to break the record of your comment number!:) Congratulations. It seems you can empathize with women with infertility and also experience the joy of a baby. I am betting you will have ALL the advice you need in the ward!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I've been thinking about you everyday since you told me! I'm super excited for you!

    ReplyDelete