Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas

We stuck around for about a week before heading to Olympia for about 9 days. Our drive over was uneventful, although we left about 2 hours later than we planned. We left Friday, and Saturday my little sister threw me a baby shower.

It was a small shindig, and some friends that live over on the westside were able to come. Some I don't get to see that often too! We had fun, I also learned that geometry can come in handy when trying to guess how many candies are in a jar.

I got some great baby things, including things I didn't think of, namely bath stuff. Also some fun toys and a couple of outfits.

I also got the best surprise! When my sister called to ask to throw me a shower, she asked what I wanted. Joking, I told her I wanted an ice cream cake with an airplane being piloted by a giraffe. Since, we don't know the gender, I couldn't decided between two themes, airplanes or jungle/giraffes. So, we are going with both. Alice was able to get the cake decorator to fulfill my crazy pregnancy desires.

Totally awesome baby shower cake!
Sunday, we all went to church for the Christmas program. It was really good, and dad was even there. We only stayed for first hour, but I was able to see some of the people I was hoping too. I also got some very unwanted child birthing advise... I guess that comes with the territory.

Also, a friend of my mom, gave me a sweater than my mom had made. It was very unexpected. She had a baby boy a couple months or so before mom died and mom had given her a sweater, with a hat and socks. At the time she caught me, we didn't know how many sweaters mom had made for her business. I have received some blankets my grandmother collected from my aunts that my mom made. This sister, wanted to pass this set on to us. She told me about how she was always impressed by what my mom could create and the knowledge of the Gospel. I will treasure this sweater, and will use it to tell my children about their grandmother, and the compassion and service of this one sister.

Christmas, was interesting this year. It was different, but good. I was able to surprise Brody with a set of ratcheting combination wrenches, and he surprised me with an All-Clad skillet!

After Christmas, my sisters and I went through some of my mom's crafting and business stuff. We were able to claim sweaters, blankets, socks, and hats. Brody and I also went looking for a traditional rocking chair. It took us all morning one day driving around the Olympia area, but we finally found one!

Overall it was a good trip and we enjoyed being able to spend some time with my family for happy things.

2 comments: