Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday! Goals and All

Birthdays are big deals to me. I try to act all cool, like it isn't a big deal, but I am kind of Big Deal. So this year, with all the baby stuff going on and my birthday also marking four weeks to baby, I was more tentative about having a celebration. In other words, I didn't talk about what I wanted for my Birthday.

This ended up causing a little bit of fiction at home. I feel like Brody forgot it was my birthday... He did though get me some sweat pants and a hoodie that fit, even with my pregnant belly! Wahoo!! I have considered keeping them by the door, so I can just strip and put them on as soon as I get home...

Well per my annual tradition of a goal list for the year, I thought I might should look at my goal list from last year...



12 in 2012
Have 10,000 fitness minutes (workout minutes)
Organize the Basement
Re-furbish the hutch
Learn to plan the Piano
Finish one of the 3 afghans I have started (Tumbling Blocks, Granny Square, or Tree of Life)
Get B and totally awesome Christmas and Birthday gift
Finish B's Doctor Who Scarf for Halloween
Put pictures in our picture frames
Finish our front room curtains
Organize the kitchen
Sell at least one of the re-furbished chairs
Encourage and support B through school so he can graduate sooner!

Umm... Let's see here...

1. 10,000 fitness minutes... I was on track until baby inflamed my sciatic nerve and I was told to stop running and only do light walking...
2. Basement... Really needs to be done, and soon!
3. The Hutch, is probably in the same condition it was in this time last year.
4. As for the piano... I need a teacher
5. I am almost done with the Tree of Life afghan! Goal is to finish it before baby.
6. I did get Brody a totally awesome Christmas present and birthday, anniversary, and Valentines! I rocked that on this year.
7. Oh Doctor... Maybe next Halloween...
8. Finish the curtains... nope.
9. I have started to put pictures in frames! I need pictures to frame though...
10. Organize the kitchen... This gets done like every three months...
11. Sell a refurb chair... I can't part with them yet... 
12. Encourage Brody, I like to think that I do this, but you would have to ask him.

This year, my goals are simple, personal, improvements.

1. Grow and Strengthen my Testimony
2. Read at least one education book for every "fun" book
3. Learn to drive in the snow/stop being scared to drive in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment