Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Enemy to Myself?

I have a doctor's appointment next week, nothing big, just the oh so wonderful annual exam... I usually don't dread going to the doctor, but this time I do. Only because, yesterday in the mail I received some paperwork to fill out. I thought it was strange never having to do that before, so I called and asked why. There answer, "After you turn 25, we like to do more thorough annual physical exams, including fasting blood work because you are, according to your record, obese."

Oh, thanks lady who answered the phone. Just what I wanted to here at 8.30 in the morning after I slept in and didn't work out.

I really wanted to respond with, "Hey, now! I workout, really hard! And I have lost 15 pounds. Doesn't that make a difference?" But of course I just said, "Oh, thanks" and hung up.

So I was thinking, mainly because I am really trying to "Seek the Good" (TOFW was great by the way!!). Why am I obese? and Why do I sleep in, more than I should....

Because of the natural man.

No, honestly. I know I can get up and work out at 6 am. I know, I can not eat everything I see. So why don't I?

Because the natural Man is and Enemy to ME!

So, how can I change that? I don't know! But when I figure it out I will let you know!

According to the Bible Dictionary, Natural Man is not in there... Umm... Let's try... The Topical Guide... Humm...

39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the anature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get little bauthorityas they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise cunrighteous dominion. (D&C 121:39)

Have I exercise unrighteous dominion on my body?

No, I just think the natural man is just lazy and loves food, and I haven't figured out how to control it.

I signed up for a 10K this weekend... I am feeling overwhelm, because I am not ready. I am not a runner. I am doing the Ragnar with the other ladies, and I refuse to back out of that, because I am not a quitter.

I need to be the change I want to see. If I want to run in the Ragnar and not be the slowest person then, I need to get up at 6 to run and work out. If I want my size 12 jeans to be to big I need to get up and workout and run at 6 am. If I want to stop worrying about type II and my family predisposition to diabetes and heart disease I need to stop eating unhealthy foods. I need to change, one baby step at a time.

My first baby step get up at 6 am every day... I will do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment