Thursday, November 3, 2011

Summer Recap # 2: ...and on the eighth day, god created TEXAS!

I am supposed to pay bills on the first Thursday of the month, but I don't want too. So I thought it was time for another summer recap, because I am lame and did not do them after they happened.

I LOVE Texas! I love the people, the weather, and places to see. I also love that a lot of my extended family lives there. When I grew up in Florida almost every other year we would travel to see family there. Now that we live in Washington, it never happens.

So as a graduation present to myself I went and visited my Grandma and Poppa who live in San Antonio. Poppa took me to the river walk that has opened up more of the river recently. We also went to the Tower of the America's, which is taller than the Space needle by about 500 feet, and you can see so much more!

Me at the River Walk

A one legged pigeon. It was so gross I had to take a picture!

Poppa, and the entering the locks! 

the Locks filling so we can go up.

I got to steady the boat while we were in the lock. It was only Poppa , the  driver and I on the boat,


Locks opening. The locks were really cool, have learned about them in school, but had never seen a real one in action!

The Tower of the Americas

The view. The joke is that Texas is so flat you can see the to Mexico...

The Alamo!

1 comment:

  1. I love locks too! I experienced one in Chicago, it was pretty sweet. Who knew something so simple could do so much? Looks like your Texas trip was a success!!

    ReplyDelete