Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mixed Feelings About Leaving

We are more than likely going to change wards. Nothing is set in stone, and there are a couple of people in our current ward who would really like us to stay. But after two and a half years, enough is enough.

I am not sure how to tell people, so I thought I would be impersonal.

Maybe I feel like people don't notice us is because we don't fit the "stereotype" of our ward. It isn't really that they don't notice us as much as most do not seem to want to get to know us.

It is sad when your home teachers come over and basically say, if it wasn't for this assignment we wouldn't of had tried to get to know you.

Even though I am done trying to make friends in the ward, and I am done with the cliques and the looks. I am sad we won't be seeing those few close friend we do have every week.

Friendship is important to me, honestly it is what brought me back to church, but no one wants to be some place they know they aren't welcome.

5 comments:

  1. You should come live by me!!! Then we could be in the same ward again!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope I haven't done anything to make you feel unwelcome in any way. Ever since that day I was at Safeway yelling at Brooks and Isla was screaming in the cart and you offered to help (you probably don't even remember that) I have been a big fan of yours :) Not that I wasn't before! It's just when you are a mom trying to juggle kids and failing, things like that make a difference! If you do decide to change wards I will miss seeing you at church and project group! But at least Pullman is small so I know I will see you around town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I will miss you too!! Whatever you decided to do, (hopefully you'll stay!) I hope I've never done anything to hurt your feelings. I hope there isn't a stereotype in our ward, but I want you to know that I truly care about you and all the sisters in our ward. We will miss you if you go. I think sometimes it is hard to feel included in everything especially in a ward with so many young families. But, we really do love you and really do want everyone to feel that love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, oh my Goodness. NO! I LOVVVE YOU! There has got to be a better way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my opinion. Only you and Brody know what is right for your family. I learned a long time ago not to go to church only because of who is or isn't there. You should go to renew your covenants, learn more about the gospel, and worship. If you are not being spiritually uplifted then you need to find out why. You are in a once in a lifetime place where you can pick which ward to go to and the true friends you make in one ward will still be your friends whatever ward you go to. On the other side you can "stick it out" for 4-5 years and then truly appreciate the next ward you're in. But just remember no matter where you live there will always be the same "groups", "stereo types", or "clicks". It's normal. It's how people relate to each other. Moms tend to hang out with moms, newly weds with newly weds, and neighbors with neighbors. Ultimately, don't forget that no one can take your place!

    ReplyDelete