Monday, January 23, 2012

Braces!

When I was in high school, my dentist noticed I still had a baby tooth, along with a bunch of other teeth related issues. So I was sent over to an orthodontist to get a full mouth x-ray. This is what it showed:


The circle shows my impacted tooth, and the X marks my baby tooth. 

Getting braces is EXPENSIVE!! We could never afford them. Recently, my baby tooth has been bothering me more and more. To the point I wanted it OUT ASAP!! I talked to my parents about it and they said last year they would help cover the cost if we figured out how to do that. So we talked about it, and B gave the go ahead, but before I could schedule anything my sister needed emergency eye surgery, and so my parent said they couldn't help until next year.

Well it is next year! This time I was on top of getting this done. I had an dentist appointment early and went in an asked what they thought about it. I also checked out the orthodontist my in-laws see. 

I chose the ortho, because he is trying a non-surgical way of expanding my upper pallet. I got them on Tuesday. Friday morning I broke a bracket... I can't bite down right now, which is how I broke it. I am no a no chew food diet... I am getting creative with foods though.

I got the bracket fixed today, and asked when I can be able to close my mouth at the least. They decided to move some of my brackets down, but I have to wait until the end of March...

This is the most exciting thing that is happening in our lives right now, we have boring lives I know.

2 comments:

  1. Getting braces is exciting! I was totally excited to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have four baby teeth, however, I don't have any teeth behind them.

    ReplyDelete