Thursday, January 5, 2012

Merry Christmas!

B and I had a GREAT Christmas. We even both got nice long vacations! I was able to take 10 days off and B had 3 WEEKS! We got a few things done, which was really nice. We also got lots of time to spend with each other, major plus!

This year was our third Christmas, and when we got married we decided we would alternate who we did Christmas with, including us. This year it was just us! Which was so wonderful. We knew this was coming and since there are no babies coming anytime soon we decided to make it BIG! We have been saving all year for this. It was completely worth it. Honestly, I would give up movie nights and dinner dates more if we could do this every year, that is how good it was.

B was originally planned to go here... I thought he meant here... So when I asked him, I was heart broken, I thought we were going to a "castle in Canada". So we priced it out and needed to come up with another $1000 to go to the "castle". From the end of September, we cut our budget so we could make it happen. We even got our enhanced driver licenses. (Which was way easier then the DOT website makes it sound!) Then in the beginning of December we decided we didn't really want to drive to Banff... And we wanted to stay local (which was our back up plan if by some miracle the doc was wrong and we got preggers).

We decided to go to The Davenport in Spokane. It is our FAVORITE place! I was so excited! We even were able to book so that we could stay Christmas Eve to Christmas Morning!

Needless to say we had the best Christmas ever! After we got home, we were feeling guilty about all the money we spent, being students, but we did save it up. We also had some left over that we are currently debating on where to donate it to when we pay tithing this month. That I think, is one of the best blessing of this Christmas, being able to help someone, somewhere, some how.

Merry Christmas

P.S.--Next Post will be pictures, I promise!

2 comments: